9/17/12

Making a Life Change

This year has been a year of big changes when it comes to my health. In January, I got serious about loosing the rest of the baby weight and joined weight watchers and started running and doing P90X. I started to feel good and slowly started looking better. It was hard to make that choice everyday to workout and watch what I eat. By June my running had improved a lot and I started to think I might be able to run a 5K. I got the guts to sign up for a local Firecracker run on the 4th of July and it felt great! I did my second 5K last weekend and improved on my time. This coming weekend I will do my first triathlon! It is a mini-tri. 5K run, 14 mile bike ride and 150 meter swim. I have loved challenging myself and doing things I've never done before. I realized the other day that I'm not on a "diet" or "weight loss program". I have made a life change and have been doing it for almost a year! It feel great to know that things I thought were impossible are possible! I am down 35 pounds since Lottie was born and have lost 24 inches total. It feels good!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You're right, it is a life change. We get so hung up on the term "diet," and then feel so guilty when we fail. You're not failing, you're changing and doing an amazing job of it!