1/30/11

Being a Mom Is............

Do your kids ever drive you CRAZY???? Mine seem to be having a really hard time listening to anything I say. To start last week off, the boys broke a plate in the kitchen because they thought it was a good place to wrestle. It is like they don't remember we have any rules in our house! Went to Costco with the whole family on Saturday morning. I would not recommend this to anyone. It was so busy, but I had coupons that were about to expire so we had to go. Anyway, the real problem was that the boys wore their Heelies (the shoes with a wheel in them) . I told them before we went in that skating in crowded Costco - cutting people off, falling down in front of people etc. wasn't allowed. Do you think they listened? NO! Mike threatened to make them take their shoes off and walk in their socks and I finally sentenced them to a time out as soon as we got home. An hour later they had eaten lunch, Julia was put down for a nap and I told the boys to go play outside and if anyone slammed the door coming in or out they would be in trouble. They kept coming in saying they were bored and wanted to play video games instead. It was beautiful weather out and they had friends to play with so I did the only thing I could think of - Locked them out! Am I the only Mom that always feels like a bad guy? Sometimes I just wonder what is going on in their little brains!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Locking kids out, sounds like home to me ;) Heehee!

The Bruton Bunch said...

Been there, done that. There are times when kids just need to be outside. I think kids are so used to videos, TV, computers, gameboys etc., etc. that they've forgotten how to slow down and make their own fun. Hang in there. You're not mean or a bad mom.